Guidelines for Use of DOM Equipment and Facilities
- The Denver Open Media facilities are a shared space. Users must respect the needs of other members and representatives/clients of the other building inhabitants. Members are expected to make sure their guests follow all rules and procedures, and Code of Conduct for DOM. Members will be held accountable for the actions of their guests.
- All Equipment Access Members and Organization Members may reserve one edit station per day. DOM will allocate 100 gigs of storage to be used by members for DOM programs. It is your responsibility to let the staff at DOM know when you would like to access your 100 gigs of storage space. This is a working storage space and not meant for archival purposes. Please note that projects may be cleaned out after three months. Editors users must follow the Editing policies.
- Classes offered at Denver Open Media certifies members to use DOM equipment and facilities covered in the Field and in Studio classes.
- Once certified, you can rent DOM equipment at commercial rates for non-access programming, or you can purchase a DOM membership. Equipment Access Members and Equipment & Training Members can check-out DOM equipment free of charge provided that use complies with the Member and Content Agreement and as follows:
DOM Field Certified - Individuals may reserve one complete field package, for 24 hours, or for 72 hours if you rent Saturday-Tuesday. For equipment needed beyond these quantities, members will be charged MEMBER rates. Field equipment users must follow the field policies.
The field package includes up to, but no more than:
- 1 camera and accessories,
- 2 camera batteries,
- 2 microphones and cables,
- 1 camera support (i.e., tripod, monopod, etc.),
- 1 light kit with accessories,
- DOM Studio Certified - Individuals may reserve one studio for up to 3 hours. All DOM members are allowed to be camera crew and non-members can be “shadow camera crew” up to 2 times before membership is required. Studio users must follow the studio policies.
- If you are accessing our equipment through your DOM membership, all material you create using DOM equipment must comply with our Content Agreement and be non-commercial in nature and be submitted to air on our channels with a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike license. If your material is commercial in nature and/or cannot air on our station, you must rent our equipment at the commercial rates.
- If you are accessing our equipment through your DOM membership, NEITHER YOU NOR YOUR CREW MAY BE PAID TO PRODUCE YOUR VIDEO PROJECT. If you are getting paid you must rent the equipment at the COMMERCIAL rates. Certain exceptions are made for nonprofit organizations, based on project proposals. Please see our Station Director for more information.
- Uncertified people cannot touch DOM equipment except where the shadow policies apply, see 2, Studio Membership.
- All payments are due up front, and a copy of a credit card and drivers license and deposit may be required.
To make a reservation you must have an active membership, the proper certifications, and an active project. All equipment and studio time must be reserved via the website and should be done in advance. DOM will provide computer and Internet access for members needing to make online reservations. Drop-ins are allowed, but the same rules of use apply.