Where Tools Meet Creativity
We empower you with affordable media education, tools, and services.
Become a Member
Join a Creative Community
Built to empower you, a Denver Open Media membership is the perfect tool for any creative.
Access fully-equipped studios, professional edit stations, cutting-edge post-production software, and field production equipment for free or at some of the lowest rates in Denver.
Sign Up for the Membership that Fits Your Needs
Why Sign Up for a Membership?
We're Kind of a Big Deal
Your membership dues support community media, other members, and the services that we provide to Denver and Colorado. Signing up for a membership with us tells the community that you support them, and it empowers you to tell your stories. The stories that matter most.
Become an Intern
Make a Difference
Denver Open Media takes a brand-new approach to media. Just as organizations such as YouTube and Wikipedia have changed the way that individuals create and access media on the web, Denver Open Media has created a participatory model for community media and radio.
The community runs Denver open media with support from volunteers like you. Volunteering earns you Dom Bucks, credits that you can put toward equipment rentals, membership renewals, and more. With an ever-growing slate of upcoming events and studio shows, you can support Denver Open Media staff, while earning credits for every hour you spend:
- Volunteering to run concessions at DOM events
- Crewing DOM-run shows (ex: Open Music Sessions)
- Volunteering to table with DOM at outreach events
- Volunteer shifts to run equipment room and process check-outs for other members (available only for members who have completed a Public Access TV Station/Community Media internship)
- Volunteer to help organize/inventory/sell equipment
- Volunteer to be a front-desk receptionist
How do I Volunteer?
Explore our facilities and see what we offer. Learn how our many programs and resources can empower content creators like you to positively impact your community.
- Learn the vision from Open Media Foundation's executive director, Tony Shawcross
- Visit the web team
- Tour Denver Open Media and see our user-driven live stream, HD facilities and studio spaces, and our state-of-the-art equipment
- Meet Open Media Generation, our youth group, in the HD Studio
- Learn about the wide range of multimedia classes that we offer the community
- Get firsthand information about internship opportunities and meet the intern management staff
Whether you're new to media, a future intern, a volunteer, or a member, our tours are open to everyone. We schedule tours every other Wednesday from 5:30 PM to 6:30 PM, and they are completely free.
For additional questions about the tour, please email email@example.com.
Denver Open Media is a community space dedicated to hosting the best, local talent in Colorado. From open mics, to rap battles, to podcasting, on every weekend you can find us doing something cool in our space. Come join us! Check out our upcoming events on Facebook or Meetup.
We host free events for the community's enjoyment nearly every Friday of the month! Join us Friday nights to see...
- Open Music Sessions, a live performance video/radio series featuring comedy and music.
- Comedy, laugh your troubles away with a series of rotating comedy shows.
- Third Friday Open Mic, putting the microphone into the community's hands.
- Sacred Voices, a youth-focused, indigenous poetry, and spoken word open mic.
Nobody celebrates the community like we do, so come celebrate with us!