“You know your truth, and the more you speak your truth, it resonates...the greatest gift you can give yourself, your family, your loved ones, your friends, is to speak your truth, own your truth– the good, the bad, and the ugly. ”- Jasmine Star
Today’s guest, Jasmine Star, is a photographer and business strategist from Newport Beach California. She has amassed over seven hundred thousand followers on IG. Further, she was voted as one of the Top 10 Wedding Photographers in the World! Whaaaaat?? Get ready, it’s time to hear some words of wisdom from Jasmine Star, whose vibrant personality lit up the room. This woman is a powerhouse and she brought her A-game today.
During the interview, we talk about Jasmine’s upbringing, her journey through making the tough decision to leave law school, and we quickly get real and talk about depression and the emotions that come with giving something your all, pushing and pushing to only face disappointment. Jasmine shows us that when you want something, you have to take the risk and carry on through the good, the bad, and the ugly. We must persist. Let me tell you, Jasmine is a rockstar when it comes to setting and achieving goals. She delivers her message with a sense of humor and is authentic every step of the way. She has a strong no-nonsense belief that if you have a dream or a purpose, you CAN make it happen.
Here is a sneak peak of what we talk about in this episode:
● I asked Jasmine about her upbringing where she dives into the normalities of childhood that ended up not being so normal after all. She takes us back with fond memories and stories of her family growing up.
● She dives into her law school experiences and about the weight of feeling like the “role-model” for her community and family, wanting to BE the success story. Throughout her time in law school Jasmine grappled with the question, “what do I want to do” when considering her place in the world and how she wanted to live out her life. I love her honesty and ability to be human and realize she had to make a change to be happy.
● Jasmine addresses depression and gets real with how she ultimately worked out her inner conflicts. She talks about how social media creates a public space where we have to put our best foot forward ALL THE TIME, giving us a distorted view of what life looks like on the inside, which can be damaging to the self.
● Jasmine breaks down how she got to where she is today by going back to her roots in order to pick up the pieces and build her company while gaining a deeper understanding of who she is and wants to be. She is an inspiration and shows us that with a lot of hard work and perseverance, anyone can make their dream a reality.
Don’t wait another minute, do yourself a favor and go listen to my conversation with the one and only, Jasmine Star!
- Jasmine talks about her own struggle to find her place in the world, but teaches us that it is up to us to paint our own pictures. What story do you want to create and tell?
- Have you ever felt the pressures of social media to only show only the best version of yourself? Social media allows us to connect and create relationships with others that might not be otherwise possible. Do you think these pressures hinder the authenticity of these relationships?
- Taking care of oneself is critical, especially during times of depression and anxiety. It is okay to be selfish during these times. Consider taking the time to think about what YOU need during these difficult times in order to come out stronger, while remembering it is OKAY to feel the darkness.